BULLYING…… what could it possible mean? Children that bully use their advantages, size,age,strength and intelligence to feel power and aggression to control others.There are many different types of Bullying…
- PHYSICAL: touching someone in a way they don’t want you to. Using violence against them
- RELATIONAL: starting nasty rumours about someone or not letting the hang out with you and your friends
- CYBER: using the Internet to send unwanted messages to the victim
- VERBAL: taunting, insulting or laughing at someone
Bystanders are the ones who have witnessed an incident of bullying or harassment and haven’t done anything about it. The Upstanders are the ones who support the victim by reporting what they saw to a parent, teacher or someone they trust. Don’t be the bystander be the up stander.
If you are being bullied, tell someone. Bullying is a huge issue, no one deserves to feel scared, sad or even angry by anyone. Tell your parents or another trusted adult (teacher, coach, principle) what happened, as soon as possible. Your not alone and we can help.
Watching the bullying movie has changed my outlook on bullying, what students go through when they are bullied. The frustation that i feel watching the movie, no kid should ever feel pain like that. I really feel that all the kids from the movie are so strong to tell their story , it has made me want to make a change.
Being a good friend is willing to help a friend when in need. Somethings you can do to become a better friend are
- listen to each others
- don’t put each other down or hurt each other’s feelings
- help each other solve problems
- give each other compliments
- respect each other
- invite someone over if they are sitting alone
- talk to someone you don’t usually talk to
- join a club- to meet new people and make more friends